Winner Announcement Video (May 12): https://youtu.be/FDBJJHFTFSo
Winners & Honorary Mentions: https://bit.ly/2WmXZ5g
1. Make a 1 to 3 minute short film or short documentary inspired by your experience with the COVID-19 pandemic
2. Use properly licenced music (so Matti can potentially show on his channel)
3. Submit video via YouTube link by Wednesday, Apr 22nd at 11:59pm EDT Timezone to *now closed*
4. In email, send Instagram/ twitter handle for shout out if a winner, and follow Matti on Instagram (@mattih) and Twitter (@mattihaapoja)
5. Maintain social distancing and abide by any specific local and country laws
6. Subscribe to Matti's channel if you haven't already!
7. If you want to share more about your personal experience, you can add it after your short film / doc. This will not be counted as part of the 1-3 mins.
First Place Prize:
Second Place Prize:
Third, Fourth, and Fifth Place Prize:
Judging criteria will be unique perspective on pandemic, storytelling, and filmmaking techniques.
Matti will review films and announce winners via his YouTube channel by May 26th, 2020.
*Due to the high number of submissions, extra time is needed to review submissions*
Payment to winners will be via PayPal within 72 hours of announcement video
Any entries that don't comply to official rules will be disqualified
We will only use your personal information to contact you if you are a winner
By submitting your video, Matti will be able to use all or some of your video in his announcement video
YouTube is NOT a sponsor of this contest; YouTube community guidelines
Must be 18 or older to enter